Difference between revisions of "OLAGuruPlug"
m (Add migrated template)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 18:21, 31 May 2018
Features of this system:
- Wifi access point with internet connectivity
- RDM control either over DMX or ArtNet
- Protocol conversion to/from: E1.31, DMX512, ArtNet, ShowNet, Pathport, SandNet, ESP Net
- GuruPlug, $99 +shipping
- Ethernet Switch, from $30
- USB DMX/RDM Interface, chose from Support Devices, usually around $100-$300
- Wireless Cell Card, shop around. Make sure it works with Linux.
This assumes you have a shell on the guru plug and that it can contact the internet to download the packages. Note that the default guru plug is insecure and comes with a lot of extras (samba, mysql, lighthttpd etc.) that aren't required. Removing these is outside the scope of this tutorial.
Add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list:
Then apt-get install ola:
$ apt-get update $ apt-get install olad
Add a user ola for the daemon to run as:
$ adduser ola
If you intend to use USB devices, you need to add this user to the plugdev & dialout groups. Modify the lines in /etc/group:
Finally add any udev rules that you'll need. See OLA Device Specific Configuration
Change to the ola user and the start the daemon:
$ su ola $ olad -l 3
Now connect the the GuruPlug on port 9090 with your browser to configure it.
Ask on the mailing list http://groups.google.com/group/open-lighting