This describes proposed changes to the OLA ArtNet plugin to make it more usable. Some of the use cases that have been requested include:
- Receiving broadcast ArtNet data and unicasting to a static list of destinations
- Converting many universes (10s, 100s?) from ArtNet to E1.31 and visa versa.
- Support multiple ArtNet Devices, one per logical network interface.
- Support unicasting data to a static list of IPv4 addresses.
- Support more than 4 ports in both directions
- De-couple the ArtNet universe from the OLA universe number to support any-way patching. i.e. patch ArtNet universe 5 to OLA universe 3.
Optimize Send Path
Multiple ArtNet Devices
Increased Output Ports
Increased Input Ports