Building a Custom Raspbian Image
This page lists the differences between the default Raspbian wheezy image and the one from the [[Open Lighting Project]. If you create your own install from scratch you probably want to do most of these changes as well.
- Password for the pi account changed to 'openlighting'
- Rootfs expanded to 4GB using `sudo raspi-config`
- Simon's key installed into /home/pi/.ssh/authorized_keys
- Timezone set to US/Pacific
- Added the Open Lighting Debian Repo to /etc/apt/sources.lists : deb http://apt.openlighting.org/raspbian wheezy main
- Packages installed:
- Packages removed:
- Many unused packages have been removed (samba, X, mysql, nfs etc.)
- OLA dependancies have been installed (microhttpd, libusb, etc.)
- The OLA git repo has been cloned into /home/ola/ola
- Root ssh access has been disabled
- The ola account was added and added to the dialout & plugdev groups
- /etc/rc.local has been modified to regenerate the ssh keys on the first boot
- Various other accounts have been removed (pnd, tli, buildbot etc.).
- /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules was updated according to OLA_Device_Specific_Configuration