Anyma uDMX comes with a open firmware, which is rare. The USB communication is handled by the firmware instead of a separate chip. This must be very cheap to build!
- From USB to DMX (one way DMX)
- All the electronics is inside the XLR - two smd IC's: An AVR microcontroller and a RS485 driver
- The DMX data is buffered and the transmission is timed by the microcontroller
- USB powered
- No galvanic isolation
- An external object for Max/MSP (OSX)
- A console app for Linux/OSX
- MIDI control via a OSX app
- There's an example how to control the console app from php scripts (seems easy)
- Gratis firmware. The DMX part is GPL, the USB part from Objective Development is "open" but all changes belongs to them.